Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Taylor Swift Gives Big as She Turns 20


I found an article at people.com talking about what Taylor did on her 20th birthday. They also mentioned how Taylor donated her own money to schools around the country! She's an amazing kind-hearted person ♥

~~~~~
Taylor Swift is no longer a teen: The country superstar marked turning 20 with a Christmas-themed birthday party for friends, her band and her tour crew at her family's home in Hendersonville, Tenn.

"It's more like an end-of-year Christmas party that happens to be on my birthday," says Swift, who spent the night before at home, baking butter cookies and gingerbread cookies with cream-cheese icing for her guests.

The biggest gift came from Swift herself. The singer has donated $250,000 to schools around the country that she's either attended or worked with. The money will pay teachers' salaries as well as buy books and fund various educational programs.

"Something I wanted to do at the end of this amazing year and especially on my birthday was give back to something I really believe in, which is education," says Swift. "The schools that I went to and the amazing people I got to learn from really turned me into who I am, and I wanted to give back."

No comments:

Post a Comment