Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Taylor's Secret to Success! ♥


Seventeen posted an article about Taylor's secret to success! Go and read the article under!

We love Taylor Swift's "Love Story" and we're never tired of hearing her own success story as a best-selling artist who makes and breaks records. She’s been Seventeen's cover girl twice! This month, she's rocking out her country denim on Glamour's cover. But it was when we were reading the new book “113 Things To Do By 13,” written by teen Brittany MacLeod, with the help of her mom, an Access Hollywood producer, that we were newly inspired.

In the book, Taylor reveals how she turned her dream of being a singer at 10-years-old into a reality by the time she was 19.

Game Plan:
"I started singing at festivals and fairs and karaoke contests — anywhere I could. I begged my mom to take me to Nashville; eventually she did. I would walk into record labels alone (my mom would wait in the car) and hand them my demo CD. I'd say 'Hi, I’m Taylor. I’m 11 and I’m looking for a record deal.'...I didn’t get much response; so I returned to Pennsylvania and learned to play guitar and write songs."

Setting Goals:
"In order to develop and reach goals, I think it’s important that you NEVER feel entitled to them. Take it one step at a time, because its very rare people just get 'discovered.' It takes meeting lots of people and spreading the word and making connections and following paths that are sometimes dead ends. No matter what happens in life, no matter how many records you sell, be good to people...Being good to people is a wonderful legacy to leave behind."

Advice to Other Dream-Seekers:
"If you’ve got a dream, it’s your responsibility to make it happen. Do your research and find a way to be different than everyone else. Devote your time, devote your energy, and devote your talent. The rest is luck."

1 comment:

  1. she's one of the most successful young artist of her generation :)

    ReplyDelete